Keith Yates Design is the world’s leading design & engineering firm specializing in high-end, purpose built private theaters and screening rooms, as well as acoustic design for residential multi-use common areas and high-spec commercial facilities.
Magazine headlines have celebrated KYD's work as "magic" (Architectural Digest), "inspirational" (Home Theater) and "perfection" (Residential Systems).
Serving clients world-wide from our base in the Sierra foothills between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe, Keith Yates Design draws on a science-based approach supported by over $500,000 in specialized engineering tools and an in-house team of architects, engineers, interior designers, project managers and construction administrators. The company has over 200 venues built or under construction throughout the US and around the world, from California to Bangkok.
Not an A/V dealer or installer, since 1991 KYD has focused on envisioning, modeling, optimizing, documenting, testing and obsessively calibrating these exquisite venues for marquee-name directors, cinematographers, technologists and, especially, everyday movie and music lovers seeking to be transported to another place and time.
KYD's main product is a 50-350 sheet package of Revit (BIM) 3D and/or AutoCAD 2D drawings, supplemented by:
• Artist and near-photorealistic type renderings;
• Exploded 3-D assembly type drawings of noise- and vibration-engineered walls, ceilings, floors, soffits, etc.;
• 4-D exploded drawings showing the recommended construction sequencing of the depicted structure;
• Specification of comprehensive acoustic treatments based on numerical models and simulations;
• Specification of audiovisual elements (screens, speakers, subwoofers, etc.) based on independent test lab data;
• Ultra-low noise HVAC and power system details;
• Graphed results of KYD's in-house, physics-based modeling and optimization processes; and
• On-site A/V system testing and calibration.
Please contact us to discuss design possibilities for your private theater, listening room or acoustic design optimization of your new construction or remodeling project.