We hope this email finds you well:
Due to health and safety concerns surrounding COVID-19 Town Hall and the Building Counter will be closed to the public until further notice. Building staff is available via phone or email; emphasis on email since most of us are working remotely and do not have access to call back immediately. Should you need immediate assistance for Building life and safety reasons and cannot reach us on the Building line you can call the main Town of Truckee line at 530-582-7700; the message will be relayed to the Building Division. We will make an effort to respond as promptly as we can to your emails.
As of right now plan review is continuing, we are continuing to further process permits for issuance, and we are still accepting electronic submittals for review. We are continuing to complete inspections but prioritizing life and safety inspections, and all other inspection requests will be completed at the inspectors determination. We want to ensure the health and safety of the public, as well as, our employees. We appreciate your understanding and will continue to update the Town of Truckee website as updates on COVID-19 are provided, and how that relates to Building process.
A few notes for inspections:
- Ok for unoccupied inspections or when there aren’t several people onsite during inspections and everyone practices social distancing while inspectors are onsite.
- Contractors will need to leave necessary documents onsite for inspections and to give distance to inspectors that are onsite. Staff will conduct inspections independently and provide any needed information at the conclusion of the inspection.
- For larger project with several workers onsite the contractor will need to have plans setup outside while the inspector completes the inspections independently.
- We ask that all non-essential inspections (HVAC Changeout final inspections, water heater replacement final inspections, final window change-outs, etc) wait until we are past this period of time. Most staff will be working remotely so email ( firstname.lastname@example.org) is the best way to contact staff. Building dept. phone (530-582-7821) will be answered daily from 7:30 am to 4pm Mon thru Fri. Voice mail messages will be answered within 2 days.
- Any inspections that are determined as non-essential can be cancelled at any time and will be communicated to the customer.
- Facetime, Skype or other digital inspection options may be allowed at the discretion of the project inspector as communicated with the customer.
- Anytime staff or a customer is uncomfortable or concerned, the inspection will be cancelled.
With all this said, the health of our staff and customers is the most important priority so let’s continue to work together to ensure everyone stays healthy.
If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks!
Dan West | Building Department Supervisor, Building & Safety Division
Town of Truckee
10183 Truckee Airport Road |Truckee, CA 96161-3306
D 530.582.2482 | O 530.582.7821 | M 530.414.3318 | F 530.582.7889
email@example.com | www.townoftruckee.com