- I am a BUILDING PROFESSIONAL
- I am a CONSUMER
Kitchen & Bath Remodels
If a home can be likened to a wheel then the kitchen would certainly be the hub. Whether you are entertaining guests for a holiday weekend or serving breakfast while packing school lunches, the kitchen tends to be the place where people congregate. Money invested in a kitchen is enjoyed daily and always adds value to a home.
Layout Improvements and Design:
- Reconfiguring a kitchen's layout can greatly increase the storage capacity and functionality of an existing or expanded kitchen space.
- Removing an existing wall or a row of upper cabinets can open a kitchen to the rest of a home, creating an open feel that is more suited to today's lifestyle.
- Adding bar stool seating allows people to be included in the conversation without getting in the way of the work.
- Whether you like a rustic, distressed look or a brighter, more modern appearance, kitchen cabinets can be customized to suit your style.
Today's Popular Features:
- Solid surface counter tops and an under-mount sink make cleaning a breeze.
- Distinctive tile back splashes are a great canvas for stylistic expression.
- New lighting can brighten a work station or be adjusted to set a softer mood.
- Sliding cabinet shelves, built-in waste and recycling containers, and full extension self-closing drawers all add space and value to a kitchen upgrade.
- Two sinks or even two dishwashers keep things flowing in a larger kitchen.
- Energy efficient appliances improve the look and comfort of your kitchen while decreasing your bottom line and providing a tax credit.
If a kitchen remodel is first on the list of interior remodeling projects then bathrooms hold a close second place.
Change the Look: A simple face lift can be completed on a relatively small budget.
- A bathroom's feel can be completely transformed by upgrading the lighting, changing the vanity, sinks, and counter top, and applying a rich wall color, which creates a warmer atmosphere.
- Simple design elements, like a glass mosaic back splash with matching mosaic details in the shower, can bring a classy, contemporary look to an outdated space.
- Compliment your project with new towel bars to match new fashionable sink and shower fixtures and you will create a space that truly enhances the time you spend there.
Change the Use: A home's bathrooms can be customized to meet a family's distinctive needs.
- Simply replacing glass doors with a shower curtain can make bath time with younger kids a more enjoyable experience.
- Many home owners don't use the bathtub and are converting the same space into a larger walk in shower with built in shampoo shelves, a built in bench seat, and dual shower heads.
- A walk in shower is easier and safer to enter and exit because it does not require stepping over the edge of a bathtub.
- Another excellent improvement for a bathroom is the creation of a separate room (water closet) for the toilet with its own special lighting, exhaust fan, and place for reading materials.